Encroachment Permit

An encroachment permit is required for any work to be performed in the public right of way. Examples of work requiring an encroachment permit would include (but are not limited to):

  • Trenching in the street for a new utility or repair and/or replacement
  • Replacement of sidewalk, installation of a drain through the curb
  • Construction or widening of a driveway approach
  • Dumpsters and / or portable outdoor storage units

On most streets, the public right of way extends approximately 10 feet from the face of curb but vary throughout the Town.

What You Need To Do To Obtain An Encroachment Permit

  • Apply for an Encroachment Permit through our online permit center
  • Provide site specific Traffic / Pedestrian Control Plans
  • Ensure all contractors and sub-contractors have a Town Business License
  • Pay Encroachment Permit fees and security deposit

Schedule an Inspection

Call Bruce at 925-314-3351 or by email at least 48 hours prior to commencement and upon completion of work.