Schedule an Inspection
To Request An Inspection:
call: (925) 314-3333
or visit: www.danville.ca.gov/CSSPlease request before 3:00 P.M. for next business day inspections.
Inspections may be scheduled up to 5 days in advance.
The Online Permit Portal (Citizen Self Service or CSS) enables registered users to gain 24-hour access to, the status of permits and to schedule inspections.
Instructions on how to register for an account are available in our Online Permit Center Instructions (PDF)
To Schedule an Inspection Online
- Log in to your online account.
- Click on View then My Permits.
- Select your project’s permit number (the blue hyperlink) from the list of available permits.
- Select the gray oval labeled Inspections, located in the center of the screen below the box that lists the permit type and status.
- Previously scheduled inspections and their status will be listed at the top of this page. Inspections that are available to request are displayed at the bottom of this page.
- In the Request Inspections table, check the checkbox in the Action column for each inspection you would like to request.
- Select the blue Request Inspection button at the bottom of the screen.
- Provide the preferred date and time of your inspection, contact name and phone number, and click Submit.
- A confirmation page with a green checkmark will indicate that your request has been successfully submitted.
If you have any questions please call: (925) 314-3330
Online requests are only available to registered users. You must be logged in to your account to submit a request.
If you cannot find your permit, it may not be linked to your account. Contact the building division at (925) 314-3330 and a staff member can help you add a project to your account.
To Schedule an Inspection Via Phone
Before Calling You Will Need
- Your project’s PIN number (on the top right corner of your inspection card)
- An Inspection Code. A list of available codes is shown at the bottom of this page.
- When prompted enter your PIN. The system will confirm your permit number and site address.
- Press  to Schedule a new inspection.
- Enter your inspection code. The system will list all available inspection codes. If you know your code, you may enter it at any time (list of codes below).
- Choose from available dates. You can schedule up to five days in advance. Inspections must be requested by 3:00 P.M. the business day prior to your preferred inspection date.
- Press  for AM or Press  for PM inspection preference.
- The system will repeat the following information: Inspection Type, Date, and Time. Press  for Yes and  for No.
- Enter a 10-digit call back number.
- Wait to receive a confirmation code to verify your inspection is scheduled. We recommend that you keep this number in case it is needed for future reference.
You may request multiple inspections during each call.
A Building Inspection Schedule is available online after 5:00 P.M. for the following day’s inspections. This schedule will give you the 2 hour window assigned to each inspection.
- Go to www.danville.ca.gov/CSS
- Click on Today’s Inspections
- Verify that the date listed at the top of the screen matches the date of your scheduled inspection and view your inspection time.
Underground Ground Gas
CCC Sanitary District 925-228-9500