A Permit is required for most construction and/or repair projects. Permits are required for, but not limited to:
- Projects that involve plumbing, electrical, or mechanical work
- Project that involve structural changes (e.g. beams/columns/shearwalls/load bearing walls)
- Residential Additions (increasing square footage of the home)
- Alterations/remodels/repairs (e.g. Bathroom and Kitchen Remodels)
- Accessory Structures (e.g. patios, decks)
- Accessory Dwelling units
- Adding/replacing HVAC, Water heaters or air conditioners
- Retaining walls (with surcharge or is taller than 4ft measure from bottom of footing to top of wall)
- Swimming pools, spas, hot tubs
Please visit the Residential webpage for "Steps to Secure a Permit".
Please also see the sub-webpage Single Family Residential for Submittal Requirements (e.g. Drawings, structural calculations, Title 24 Energy Calculations, etc.).