Regional Permitting Agencies

Residential and Commercial projects may involve multiple agencies during the development and permitting process. The types of permits and licenses you will need to secure will be determined by the project or business activity.  Below is a list of the most common regional agencies from which land and business owners may need to secure approval prior to construction or opening a business.  

Our Planning or Building Concierge can help you identify the regional agencies where permits need to be secured for specific business activities.

San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District

 All building permits require review and approval of the fire district prior to securing a building permit with the Town of Danville.  Businesses can submit separate sets of plans to the district for review prior or concurrent to submitting for a building permit with the Town of Danville.
1500 Bollinger Canyon Road, San Ramon 
(925) 838-6600 

Contra Costa Sanitary District

This special district is responsible for the collection and treatment of wastewater, has separate fees and permits, and is required to review and stamp building permit plans prior to submitting them for a building permit to the Town of Danville.
5019 Imhoff Place, Martinez 
(925) 228-9500

Contra Costa County Health Services

Businesses that prepare and sell food must work within an approved facility.  Health services provides guidance and permit requirements for all business that prepare or sell food and beverages.
2120 Diamond Blvd. Suite 200, Concord 
(925) 692-2500

California Department of Alcohol Beverage Control

(Commonly know as ABC):  This agency regulates the operational aspect of a business selling or serving alcohol, and a permit is required to conduct the sale or service of alcohol.
1515 Clay Street, Suite 2208, Oakland 
(510) 622-4970

California Department of Tax and Fee Administration

Information about taxes and fees that may affect your business, how to register for state permits and licenses, and how to file and report correctly.
450 N Street, Sacramento 
(916) 309-8272