The Town of Danville's service delivery is organized into 42 different Divisions and Programs, these are grouped into six different ares of service delivery (Departments) listed below.
These Town programs are responsible for establishing and administering the overall direction of Town government, and providing internal or support services.
- City Attorney's Office
- City Clerk's Office (Election Information, Meeting Notices, Town Records, etc.)
- Emergency Preparedness
- Town Council
- Town Manager's Office
The Administrative Services Department encompasses various administrative and financial functions that support internal and external Town operations. The Department includes the following functions and services:
- Economic Development (Business Promotion, Economic Development Strategy, Retail Incentives, etc.)
- Finance (Budget Information, Business Licenses, etc.)
- Human Resources (Employment, Training, etc.)
- Information Systems (Computer Network, Security, Technology Systems, etc.)
The Development Services Department provides critical infrastructure for the Town of Danville. Development Services handles the growth of the Town through building and economic growth.
- Building (Building Plan Check, Inspection, Permitting, etc.)
- Engineering (Capital projects, Clean Water, Encroachment and Grading permits, Right-of-way, Subdivisions, Street improvements, etc. )
- Planning (Development applications, General Plan, Ordinances, Signs, Trees, Variances, Zoning, etc.)
- Transportation (Neighborhood Traffic Management, School Bus Program, Street Smarts, Traffic Signals, etc.)
The Police Services Department provides excellent service to the residents and businesses of Danville. With a keen sensitivity to the needs and concerns of the community, the Police Department seeks to work as partners with the residents, schools, churches and businesses in developing safety programs and awareness. It embraces a community police philosophy in providing services to residents.
The Maintenance Services Department performs a variety of activities to maintain the Town's infrastructure. Maintenance crews contribute to the overall cleanliness and health of the environment by sweeping streets, maintaining park and roadside landscaping and keeping creeks and drainage systems free-flowing.
The Recreation Services Department offers a wide array of exciting classes, programs, and special events, and provides quality rental facilities for both indoor and outdoor use. Services are provided in the areas of:
- Adapted Recreation
- Cultural Arts
- Special Interest
- Sports and Fitness
- Youth Activities