TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Hot Summer Sundays Car Show Street Closures
Visitors should use El Cerro Boulevard and Sycamore Valley Road freeway exits.
DANVILLE, Calif. (September 6, 2023): On Sunday, September 10, several streets in Downtown Danville will be closed for the Hot Summer Sundays Car Show. Street closures will be in place starting at 6 a.m., and the event is 11 a.m.– 4 p.m. Due to construction, visitors should use the El Cerro Boulevard exit from the north and Sycamore Valley Boulevard from the south off the 680 freeway. All drivers should exercise caution in the Downtown area, as there will be heavier than usual pedestrian traffic.
The following closures will occur on September 10 between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Hartz Avenue between Railroad Avenue and School Street;
- Hartz Avenue Northbound from Hartz Way to School Street;
- Linda Mesa Avenue between Railroad Avenue and the Rose Street Municipal Parking Lot
- Diablo Road between Hartz Avenue and Rose Street;
- Prospect Avenue between the Clock Tower Municipal Parking Lot entrance and Front Street;
- Church Street west and east between Hartz Avenue and the Village Theatre Municipal Parking Lot.
In addition to the event closure, construction remains in progress along Front Street between Diablo Road and East Linda Mesa Avenue. Construction activity requires that the northbound direction of Front Street be closed to all vehicular traffic between Diablo Road and East Linda Mesa Avenue for the duration of the project. The southbound travel lane and on-street parking on the west side of Front Street will remain open for businesses, patrons, and residents.
Motorists are asked to use caution and expect delays during the closure timeframe. Parking is available on surrounding public streets and in all downtown Municipal Parking lots. A map of the closure area and suggested routes is available online. For street closure information, contact Lianna Adauto at email@example.com. For event information, go to www.dhsscs.com.