Streets will close this Sunday, July 21, 2019 in downtown Danville for the annual Hot Summer Sundays Car Show. This signature event combines classic cars with current models to create a family-friendly day of summer celebration in picturesque downtown Danville. The Car Show is held from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Motorists are advised to exercise caution as there will be heavier than usual pedestrian traffic.
Road closures for the event will vary depending on staging and event activity. The following closures will occur:
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Hartz Avenue between Railroad Avenue and Linda Mesa Avenue
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Hartz Avenue between Linda Mesa Avenue and School Street;
- Diablo Road between Hartz Avenue and Rose Street;
- Prospect Avenue between the Clock Tower Municipal Parking Lot entrance and Front Street;
- Church Street between Railroad Avenue and the Village Theatre Municipal Parking Lot; and
- Hartz Avenue northbound from Hartz Way to School Street.
Drivers may use Railroad Ave. or Front St. as alternate routes through the downtown area, and to public parking lots. Free parking is available in all municipal parking lots surrounding the venue, with no time restrictions during the event. Following the completion of the car show, crews will clean the streets and all roads will reopen no later than 5:00 p.m.
For more information, visit www.dhsscs.com. For road closure information, contact Program Coordinator Lianna Adauto at (925) 314-3309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.