IN KEEPING WITH THE GUIDELINES FROM THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND THE CONTRA COSTA HEALTH SERVICES REGARDING NON-ESSENTIAL EVENTS, MEETINGS, OR GATHERINGS DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, the DANVILLE SENIOR CENTER will be closed until further notice.
If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take action to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease. Below is the information from the CDC for high risk/older adults
More information can be found on our Coronavirus Update webpage: https://www.danville.ca.gov/754/Coronavirus-Updates-and-Information
Visit THE DANVILLE SENIOR CENTER!
The Town of Danville strives to offer programs and services which provide positive, enjoyable, and gratifying experiences for older adults within this community. Those programs include:
- Senior CC Cafe’ Friday Frozen Meal Program (PDF): Adults 60 and over can receive 5 frozen meals weekly at the Senior Center for a suggested donation of $3 meal, a total of $15 each week. For more information, please call: (925) 314-3430
- Special Interest Classes: Programs and activities which provide an opportunity to learn new skills, foster human development, and provide recreational experiences, for example Arts & Crafts, Buzz Sessions,
- Health and Fitness Programs: Activities which engage your mind and body to improve healthy living.
- Trips & Excursions: Activities which will engage you in a physical challenge while incorporating an opportunity to socialize with old friends and meet new ones!
- Trail Mixers: You can find the Trail Mixer program in the Spring and Fall Activity Guides each year. Spring Trail Mixers are held in March, April, May and June and Fall Trail Mixers are held in September, October, November and December. For more information regarding the program, email the Senior Center.
SILVER STREAK NEWSLETTER
The Town publishes a quarterly newsletter for our senior adults 55+. Each newsletter contains information regarding upcoming trips, special events, classes and workshops. Online registration is available for all trips, events and classes. You can also print and fill out the current registration form.
Four times a year we publish an Activity Guide which highlights the Town’s classes, programs, and special events.