My neighbor’s dog barks all day and night. What can I do?

The Town's Municipal Code does not address barking dogs. The Contra Costa County Animal Services (CCCAS) would be the appropriate department to contact in regards to this matter. CCCAS has a Noisy Animal Complaint Form that you would need to complete and submit. For more information, please contact CCCAS at 925-335-8300 or visit their website.

Show All Answers

1. What is a code violation?
2. What is not a code violation?
3. What should I do if I receive a “Notice of Violation” letter”?
4. If voluntary compliance is not achieved within a reasonable amount of time, what is the citation fee?
5. What are the construction working hours in a residential neighborhood?
6. My neighbor’s front yard is very messy and has an inoperable vehicle and recreational vehicle parked on their driveway. What can Code Enforcement do?
7. My neighbor’s tree branches overhang onto my property and are dropping leaves into my yard. Can the Town make them trim the branches or remove the tree?
8. My neighbor’s dog barks all day and night. What can I do?
9. There are dogs, accompanied by the owner, that are off leash roaming around the Town’s community parks and private parks. What can Code Enforcement do?
10. How do I check to see if a building permit has been issued for a property?