Except as otherwise provided in this section it is unlawful for a person to do any of the following acts:
- Create noise on a street, sidewalk or public place adjacent to a school or church while in use or to a hospital if the noise unreasonably interferes with the working of the institution or the peace or quiet of a hospital patient
- Install, use or operate a loudspeaker or sound-amplifying equipment in a fixed or movable position or mounted on a sound truck for the purpose of transmitting sound to a person in or on a street, sidewalk, park or public property without a permit
- Operate machinery, equipment, or a pump, fan, air-conditioner, spa or pool equipment, power tool, lawn mower or leaf blower or engine in a manner which causes excessive noise to nearby residents between the hours of 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Operate or perform construction or repair work (which creates noise) within or adjacent to a residential land use district except during the following hours:
Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Operate or play a radio, television set, stereo, phonograph, receiving set, tape or compact disk player, jukebox, musical instrument or similar device between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m. in such a manner as to be plainly audible at a distance of fifty (50 feet) feet from the building, structure or vehicle from which it is located or a distance of fifty (50 feet) feet from the device if outside