We have received many questions from residents about maintenance responsibilities for creeks within and near the Town of Danville. Working with the Contra Costa County Public Works Department, we’ve developed a guideline map to show the local creek system and maintenance responsibility. The County has developed a website to guide homeowners on maintaining private creeks: contracosta.ca.gov/5754.
We also recommend checking the Covenants, Codes, and Restrictions (CC&Rs) for your homeowners association for information about creek maintenance on your property. This map is a general guideline for illustrative purposes. Please check with your HOA to confirm creek maintenance responsibilities for your home. Click here to view and download the map.
- Work has completed along Front Street to repair erosion along the creek (pictured). Front Street is now open in both directions.
- The recent storm has caused additional potholes on Town maintained roads. We are working to get contractors out for work as soon as there is a break in the weather.
- The National Weather Service Flood Watch and Wind Advisory remain in effect through tomorrow at 4 p.m. Heavy rain and wind gusts are expected overnight, so avoid travel if possible. Continue to monitor weather at www.weather.gov/mtr
- The Town sandbag station at 1000 Sherburne Hills Road is open 24/7, with replenished supplies.
Thank you, and again, here are some key contacts you should print out or jot down, in case of power outages:
- Emergency: Please report any urgent safety-related concerns to the Police Department at 925-820-2144. For life-threatening emergencies, please call 911.
- To report clogged storm drains, downed trees, or flooding, please call Danville Maintenance Services at 925-314-3450 (M-Th 7:30 am–4:00 pm, Fri 7:30 am–1:00 pm) or afterhours contact non-emergency dispatch at 925-820-2144. Residents can also make reports online at www.danville.ca.gov/danvilleconnect.
Contacts for other Non-Emergency Situations:
- Danville Police: 925-820-2144
- San Ramon Police: 925-973-2779
- Contra Costa County Sheriff: 925-646-2441
- San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District: 925-838-6691
- Contra Costa Animal Services: 925-335-8300
- East Bay Municipal Utilities District: 866-403-2683
- PG&E: 800-743-5000 or www.pge.com/outage
- Xfinity: 800-xfinity (934-6489) or www.xfinity.com/outage
- Flood Tips from FEMA: www.ready.gov/floods