Danville continues to be impacted by poor air quality caused by fires burning in the Bay Area.
Air Quality in Danville is listed as unhealthy today due to the smoke from area wildfires. The community is encouraged to remain indoors today and limit any strenuous outdoor activity.
For general information and tips, please see Contra Costa Health’s wildfire smoke web page.
People with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities.
- Keep outdoor activities short.
- Consider moving physical activities indoors or rescheduling them.
Everyone else – take any of these steps to reduce your exposure:
- Choose less strenuous activities (like walking instead of running) so you don’t breathe as hard.
- Shorten the amount of time you are active outdoors.
- Be active outdoors when air quality is better.
Visit our Stay Connected webpage: www.danville.ca.gov/stayconnected to see how the Town issues Emergency Notifications.
Spare the Air Updates:
Air Quality Updates:
Fire and Smoke Map: