News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/23/2020 1:35:03 PM to 12/21/2021 3:41:00 PM.
NEWS - Police Department
Posted on: January 23, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Wet Weather Driving Tips
- Replace windshield wipers and tires before the rainy season.
- If windshield wipers are on turn on headlights. It’s the law.
- Slow Down and give yourself extra time to get to your destination
- Beware of Hydroplaning (sliding). If you begin to hydroplane, take your foot of the gas and steer into the slide.
- Do not use cruise control. Better to have driver awareness and control in wet weather events.
- Use caution during lane changes and passing other vehicles.