Our goal is to reduce the number of accidents within the community. For those accidents we cannot prevent, we strive to reduce their severity. This is accomplished by:
▪ Conducting proactive radar/lidar enforcement
▪ Enforcing traffic violations at high accident locations
▪ Being highly visible to the motoring public
▪ Deploying the radar trailer/sign board to remind motorists to slow
▪ Focusing on school zone enforcement during the school year
▪ Educating and enforcing adult seatbelt and child safety seat
▪ Educating and enforcing helmet laws and other bicycle violations
▪ Enforcing cell phone violations
▪ Addressing citizen complaints and concerns with regard to traffic
laws and violations*
Ensuring the safe movement of traffic and pedestrians throughout the community is one of the primary missions of the Danville Police Traffic Division. The Traffic Division consists of one sergeant, two motorcycle officers, and one traffic car; however, all Danville police officers have an active role in keeping our roadways safe.
* Please program Danville PD dispatch into your cell phone to report unsafe drivers (820-2144). If you dial 911 from a cell phone, it goes to CHP dispatch first which wastes valuable response time.
Danville Police Station510 La Gonda WayDanville, CA 94526
Police DepartmentT (925) 314-3700Monday- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/ After Hours/ Hazardous SpillsT (925) 820-2144
Officer Phone List
Parking Permits for Downtown Danville can be obtained in person at the Danville Police Department, 510 La Gonda Way, Danville CA 94526.