• Business License Exemption

  • Businesses that are government exempt must complete a business license application and submit documentation from Federal or State showing exemption.  They are exempt from fees.

    After the first year of starting a business, a business is exempt if the gross receipts are less than $10,000.  Upon renewal in June, submit a copy of the federal taxes for the prior year showing gross receipts under $10,000.  (Only the first page is needed.)  Return the renewal invoice with the Federal tax information.


    The following criteria meet the Exemption Status: 



    Forms Required 



    Non-Profit organizations as defined in Section 501 (1), (2) or (3) of the Internal Revenue Code

    IRS or State letter granting exempt status.



    Businesses exempt from local taxation by virtue of the constitution or applicable statutes of the United States or the State of California.

    No form.






    Businesses conducting any entertainment, concert, exhibition or lecture on scientific, historical, literary or charitable subjects within the Town whenever all the gross receipts of any such entertainment, concert, exhibition or lecture are to be appropriated to any church or school or to any charitable purpose within the Town.

    No form. 





    Businesses with annual gross receipts less than $10,000 per year.  New businesses must apply for a license for their first year of business - and may request a fee waiver the following year by submitting federal tax return forms by August 15th following the end of license year.

    Schedule C or appropriate federal tax form.



    Businesses which rent or lease no more than four residential dwelling units to others.

    No form.