Danville Youth Council
The mission of the Danville Youth Council (DYC) is to provide Middle and High School students the opportunity to represent the interests of their peers in the Danville area.
The DYC will be made up of members striving to improve their community. Sub-committees are established to complete the goals of the councils.
Become a Danville Youth Council Member!
Applications for the 2019 / 2020 school year will be accepted from April 8 to 19.
Any San Ramon, Danville, or Alamo resident currently enrolled in Middle and High school is eligible to be a member of the Danville Youth Council. The application period for each year runs from mid-April to mid-May. We are looking for people who are:
Some benefits you will get:
- Meet new people and interact with teens from around the valley
- Get involved with the community
- Develop important life skills
- Participate in team-building events
- Learn skills that can be used for college and job applications
- Create an atmosphere where teens feel safe and comfortable to express themselves and their ideas
- Encourage the development of community awareness for middle school and high school issues
- Promote interaction between the schools in Danville
- Act as an advocate for teens in the community
- Foster a greater involvement of youth in municipal government and civic affairs
- Study problems, activities, and concerns of youth, especially as they relate to programs of the Town of Danville
IN THE NEWS
Danville Amazing Race
The 2019 Danville Amazing Race went...Amazing! We had 9 teams of 4 racing around Danville on Saturday March 16th competing to win the grand prize. Teams ran to different local businesses to complete different tasks like Danville trivia at Cottage Jewel, blindfold tastings at Small Cakes, completing a puzzle at Games Unlimited and much more! Congrats to the ‘Silver Bullets’ for taking home the first place basket which included free cupcakes, Danville swag, and other fun winning items!