The Vecki House is the one of the oldest buildings in Danville and is a great example of how preservation and redevelopment can be joined together for the benefit of the community. The original structure was built in 1866 by the Howard brothers, who were reputable local builders. The Vecki House gets its name from Dr. Victor John Vecki, Danville's first dentist, who resided in the home with his family from 1906 to the 1930s. At some point in time, the exterior wood siding was removed and replaced with stucco, an addition was built to the rear, a foundation was built and some windows and doors were replaced.
In 2002, the structure was moved forward on the property, closer to Front Street, and a significant addition was built in the rear of the property. The Vecki House is currently being utilized for offices.